The electronic boundary map tool is a new feature on eteamz web sites. Eteamz, and their parent company, ACTIVE Network, are long time partners of Little League. Through this partnership, they developed this new technology to allow districts and leagues to add an electronic boundary map to their eteamz.com web sites.
Please note this is a brand new tool that is being introduced. As we begin to roll this out to our member leagues and districts, we ask for your patience and feedback. We will continually enhance and improve the features of the tool as we hear specific feedback from you.
How do I go about creating a boundary map?
- Please watch the tutorial on how to create a boundary map:
- Or please review the instructions for creating an electronic boundary map:
Why hasn't my map been approved yet?
The process for approval of a boundary map is as follows:
- Once you save your map and click to submit for approval, the map is sent to your District Administrator for review.
- If your DA accepts of your map as drawn, he/she then forwards an email to his region with the map to review.
- Final review and publishing occurs at your regional office.
- Once your map is accepted it automatically appears on your eteamz.com web site.
Is the boundary map portion of eteamz.com on a free or PLUS site?
The boundary map tool is available on all eteamz sites, free or PLUS, so long as the site type is League or Organizational and the site is associated to Little League.
How will I know if my map is accepted or rejected?
- If your map is accepted, it will automatically show up on your Eteamz site.
- If your map is rejected, your DA or Region will communicate back to you to advise on the reasons for the rejection.
Who should I contact to check on the status of my map?
You should first contact your District Administrator to ensure that he/she has reviewed the map and forwarded to the appropriate Regional Office. If yes, than you can check with your Regional Office on the review status of your map.
To create a map in eteamz, login to the eteamz admin and go to Website Pages>Boundary Maps.
Note: Only League and District eteamz site types associated to Little League Baseball & Softball will be able to view this page.
The starting location on the map will be pulled in automatically from your eteamz Listing page (My Site Design > Listing), but it can be edited by clicking the Edit link under the Site Location section.
You can also add an address in the Find address field. You can add a city name and state, or zip code to the Find address field.
1. Enter an address and click Find address. A pin will point to the exact center of the address you entered.
2. Once you have the correct location, start drawing your border by clicking on the map.
- Note: The blue pin is NOT your starting point – it is simply pointing to the exact middle of the location you entered in the Find Address field.
- Note: You may need to zoom in by clicking the + button on the left hand side of the map to ensure you are including the appropriate border area.
3. To complete and close a map, you need to click on the start point. The map will indicate that it's closed properly by highlighting the middle of the map in blue.
- If you need to start over, click the Draw/Clear map button on the bottom right corner of the map.
4. Please be sure to add a Boundary Name. The Description should include comprehensive details about your league and the league or district's boundaries. Feel free to include street names and other locations to help identify your boundaries. The Regional Center Staff at Little League will review this description to help determine if the map is correct.
5. If the map is a district map, please indicate this by clicking the checkbox on the page. District maps will follow different approval processes.
6. Mark the check boxes for which sport the map allies to.
7. The Approver's Email will pre-populate in the field but you may remove it or add another email address
8. Your League ID should pre-populate in the field but if not then please enter it or search for it.
- Note: If you do not know your League ID or you can't find it, please contact email@example.com
9. Once your map is final click Save Map.
10. To request approval of the map from a District Administrator or Regional Center Staff; click the check box next to Request Approval.
11. Click Save Map button to request approval
Map Approval Process ( IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ )
If you are creating a league map, once you save the map for approval, an email is automatically sent to your District Administrator for review. The DA will either return the email to you, to request any changes OR send an email to the Regional Center Staff for final approval. The DA must forward the email and not respond to the email to the appropriate recipient with instructions. Once the Regional Center Staff approves your map, it will display on the Boundary Map page on your eteamz site.
If you are creating a district map, once you save the map for approval, an email is automatically sent to your Regional Center Staff for review. The Regional Center Staff will either return the email to you, to request any changes OR give final approval. Once the Regional Center Staff approves your map, it will display on the Boundary Map page on your eteamz site.